Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful 9

Today I want to say that I am thankful for random notes.
It makes my heart so thankful and happy when I receive a random note from someone! I feel many different emotions depending on who it's from and what it says. They don't have to be long and they don't have to be on fancy paper. The spelling doesn't have to be perfect and the writing doesn't have to be neat. It just makes me feel good to know that someone cared enough to take the time and write me a note for whatever reason.
I love finding note in various places at random times from my husband...in my car, on the table, on the counter. Nothing super fancy or elegant, just a note that says "I love you!" or "I'm so glad God gave you to be my wife!"
I love getting little notes from my kids. This morning I asked my daughter to clean up her room. When I asked if she was finished she came out and handed me a piece of paper and said, "Sorry I didn't clean like you asked. I wrote this instead." It was a note on a piece of notebook paper that said something like, "I'm sorry you don't feel good. You are the best mama. I thank God for you. I have so so so much fun with you! I love you." Reading that note with her standing there looking up at me made me feel so loved and thankful. (We cleaned her room together later)
Getting a note in the mail from someone just because is always fun to receive. Or someone sending a note of encouragement is a blessing too.
As I am typing this a few people are coming to my mind that I feel I should send a quick note to for various reasons. Because for as much as I am thankful for receiving notes, I'm sure others are too. And I'd love to bless someone with a random note just like others have blessed me!
Thank you Father for the blessing and the gift of random notes. Thank you for the encouragement they give me and the joy they bring to my heart! Help me to desire to share that joy and blessing with others by sending my own random notes!