Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful 10

I am thankful for hot cider (or other hot drinks) on a cool fall or winter day!
I love having a hot drink on a cold day. Maybe curling up on the couch with a cup of steaming hot something...cider, cocoa, coffee, tea... covering up with a warm blanket and reading a good book. Or reading with my kids. Or watching them play nicely together. (ok so that doesn't happen often, but once and a while they surprise me!)
I like to tightly wrap my hands around the hot cup and feel the coldness of my hands fade to warmth. To feel the warm steam on my face and smell the yummy aroma of what ever drink of choice is in my cup, is something I am thankful for.
I think that hot drinks bring people together. Friends talk and share life over a cup of coffee. Families spend time together drinking hot cocoa and watching a movie after playing outside in the snow. Grand kids help Grandma make hot cider for everyone to enjoy after they've helped Grandpa rake all the leaves. Two thermos', one with coffee and one with hot cocoa, for father and son to take with them while they go for a hike through the woods.
There seems to be something special about hot drinks (especially on cool days or nights) that makes me think people seem to... slow down more, enjoy each others company a little deeper, or just be still and content. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this. But if so, that's ok!
Thank you for hot cider on a cool fall day. Thank you for the time I can spend with a friend or family member. Thank you for things that bring people together. Thank you for warmth on a cold cold day! Thank You!

No comments: