Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful 4

Today I am thankful for my mama. My mom is the most sacrificial mother I know. Unfortunately I can not remember much from my childhood. But from what I can remember, my mom has sacrificed her time, money, energy, and even sleep for my family and I. Now I feel that her sacrifices go too far many times in that she is always putting others needs before her own and I am constantly asking her to slow down and rest. But she won't and I know it's because she loves her family so much! My mom doesn't complain often and can usually muster up a smile even if she's not feeling like it. She is always willing to listen, laugh and cry with me. She loves me for who I am. She tells me she's proud of me. She makes me feel special and loved.
My mom is not perfect, none of us are. She made her share of mistakes as a mother, who doesn't? She struggled at times but did her best to be the best mom she could be, and for that I am truly thankful! I am so thankful for my relationship/friendship I have with my mama!
Father, thank you so much for giving me the mom that you did! I love her so much and desire to be like her in many ways. Thank you for knowing just what I needed in a mother and giving her to me even before I was created!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Heather, you are on a great roll here! I love to hear about your thankful heart... keep it up!