Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thankful 6

As I sit here yawning, thinking of what to post about today, unfortunately all I can think about is my bed and sleeping.
I am thankful for my comfy king size bed!
I like the fact that I can cuddle with my husband for awhile and then be able to have my own space later in the night. Here's a funny story about that...
We had a full size bed when we first got married. So we were pretty close at night. After about 5 or 6 months we decided that even though we loved each other and liked being close, we really wanted a bigger bed. So we decided to get a king size bed. The very first night we had our new bed we started out cuddling next to each other on his side of the bed. I remember him saying, "why did we get a bigger bed if we are still so close to each other?!" (He was just kidding.) Some time in the night I moved over, WAY over to my side. Then later into the night I must have realized that we were not close to each other anymore. I guess I had forgotten we had gotten a bigger bed. So I kinda felt around for him but couldn't find him. I start freaking out and calling his name thinking he had fallen off the bed! He kinda wakes up and says, "I'm right here! Go back to sleep!" I felt him, remembered we had gotten a bigger bed, and went back to sleep. We both laughed about it the next morning (even though I felt a little foolish) and still laugh about it to this day :)
I also like being able to squeeze 2 kids, husband, and myself all into bed to watch a movie together, read a book, or just hang out and talk!
Thank you God for providing me with a comfy, warm, safe place to sleep and hang out with my family!

No comments: