Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankful 8

I am thankful for being able to listen to programs on line.
It's amazing how far technology has come! It can be scary at times to think about how advanced the internet is but at the same time it's pretty cool. To think that a pastor in California can preach a sermon on a Sunday morning and someone in Africa can listen to that sermon on line either right away or a short time later. (I'm not exactly sure how quickly all that takes. I'm not very technology smart!)
I am thankful that if I miss a Sunday service at church, I can get online at my convenience and listen to the message. Now I'm not saying it's a good idea to miss church. I would much rather be sitting in the service participating in the whole experience of that day. But if I have to teach Sunday School or if one of my kids or myself are sick then at least I can hear what the Pastor's message was.
Sometimes I'll be in the car and catch the last part of a radio program that sounded really interesting. I can go on line and listen to what I missed. I am thankful for that.
I love my local radio stations but sometimes I like to listen to other stations. I can listen to them on line as well.
These are a few of the sites I like to listen to...
I know there are a lot of not good things on the internet. But I also know that there are a lot of good things. I KNOW that God is at work and is using the internt as one way to reach people.
Thank you Lord for allowing your word and message to reach so many that may not have been reached, through the advancement of technology ie. internet. Thank you Lord for working in amazing ways!

No comments: