Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thakful 14

I am so thankful for Church!
I love going to church! I love going to a place and worshiping God. A place where I can hear biblical teaching that encourages me to know and desire God more. A place where I can be with other people who desire to worship the same God and who desire to hear the same biblical teaching. I love going to a place that desires to share the good news of Jesus with others who don't know it. I am thankful for the pastors who passionately teach about the Love of God. Thankful for all the Sunday school teachers who give of their time to teach children about God's love. Thankful for all the people who help set up and take down equipment, do the power point/media things, and take care of refreshments. I am thankful for all the people who love God so much that they will serve where ever they are needed in order to share the love of Christ with who ever walks through the doors.
I am so thankful (even though unfortunately I take it for granted) that I can freely go to a church and not be afraid of getting caught. Thankful that I don't have to meet in secret because I could get beaten or killed if the government found out I was worshiping God.
So I guess not only am I thankful for my church, but I am thankful that I can freely worship, learn about, and talk about my God.
Thank you God for church! Thank you for a place where we can go and worship You! Thank you for everyone's desire to help where ever needed in order to share Your word. Father, please be with believers in parts of the world who have to worship You in hiding for fear of their lives. Please encourage them and lift their hearts. Help me not to take for granted my freedom to worship You!

No comments: