Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Phewwww that wasn't so bad!

Well my husband and I sat down with the kids one day after school last week and asked them what their questions were about babies. Here's what they asked...

Q. Why does God let a girl who's not married get pregnant if He doesn't want her to?
A. God's wants a man and a woman to get married before they have a baby. We have a choice to
either obey or disobey. Some people will choose to disobey God and they may get pregnant.
Q. How does someone get pregnant?
A. A part from the woman and a part from the man come together and forms a baby.
Q. (I think my son asked) Yeah but how? (but I kinda didn't hear him and then his sister
started talking so he kinda dropped it. Which honestly I was kinda relieved but would have
done my bet to answer if he kept asking.)
Then we read How Did God Make Me? The Miracle Of Birth By: Matt & Lisa Jacobson. The story said that when God was ready for the baby to be born it came out the birth canal. (they didn't ask anything about that.)
We asked them if they had anymore questions and they said no. We asked if they were sure and they said yes. I told them I was so glad that they wanted to talk to us about these questions and if they ever wanted to know anything else about this to ask us.

1st talk done...many more to follow. Hopefully? Hopefully!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm familiar with the "how I am supposed to answer that question?!" panic feeling! Sounds like you did a good job! We just want to make sure our kids feel safe asking us the hard questions... way to go, momma!