Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful 16

I am thankful for my kids teachers and school!
I really like the public school that my kids go to. They have great teachers who seem really passionate about their jobs and they seem to have a genuine desire to see their students do well. My husband and I communicate as often as needed (and sometimes more) with the teachers and are helping in the classrooms when ever we are able to. We desire to know how our kids are doing and their teachers are more than willing to sit down with us or call whenever we ask them. We feel we have a great relationship with our kids teachers and school.
My husband and I went to parent teacher conferences a few weeks ago and told both teachers that we were praying for them. We don't know where they are spiritually but we wanted to let them know that we were praying. They both said thank you, so I don't think they were mad or anything.
I love that my kids can go to school and that they can come home and we can also teach them. They will not learn about God and creation and the Bible at school, but they will learn about it at home, which is where they are supposed to learn about it. For example: they both learned about caterpillars and butterflies in first grade. When they came home from school and told me about what they learned I said, "Wow that's pretty neat! And do you know something else that's really neat? God created the caterpillar to change into a butterfly! It was all part of His plan for that caterpillar. Pretty cool!" I love those teachable moments!
Thank you God for my kids school and teachers. Thank you for willing and passionate teachers. Thank you that we are able to teach them every day about You. Please work in their hearts and open them to you.

No comments: