Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful 15

I am thankful for books!
I love to read! I don't remember if I enjoyed reading as a child. I think I kind of liked it as a teenager. As an adult, I really love reading (when I have the time).
What kind of books do I like? I enjoy Karen Kingsberry books sometimes. While I do enjoy her writing style and can get lost in her books, that is usually the problem. I have a hard time putting the book down and doing something else, usually something that needs to get done around the house. To me, her books can be addicting. Even though they are "Christian" novels, I think I'd rather be addicted to other books. I am in the process of reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. This is a good book! Let's see, I'm also trying to read "Lord, I Want to Know You" by Kay Arthur and "Good and Angry" by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller. One of the problems I have is that I start lots of books and I don't remember what I've read in each book. I should probably start one and read it all the way through before I start another one!
I love children's books too. I'm not exactly when I started buying them but we definitely had more children's books than "big people" books shortly after our first child was born! I loved reading to my 2 kids, actually I still do. We could sit for quite awhile reading together. My daughter who is 7 still loves to read. She will sometimes sit for an hour or so just reading. My 9 year old son on the other hand usually puts up a fight when asked to read. Some days are easier than others with him. Actually, he'd rather read in bed than after school. That's fine with me, as long as he is reading.
Thank you Lord for books to help grow my mind. Thank you for books I can read for entertainment and books I can read for wisdom and knowledge. Thank you for books as they bring me and my family closer together.
Thank you most of all for your word, the Bible. The best book (I think) ever written!

No comments: